Located at the southwest corner of Elm and Davies Streets, the Junior
Order building was constructed in 1940 at a cost of $30,000.00. The
Bluegrass Chapter of the Junior Order of United American Mechanics financed
The Bluegrass Council was established in 1879. The two-story brick building
contained a large business space on the first floor and a hall, meeting
room and a kitchen on the second floor for use of the Junior Order.
Architect Leslie S. Deglow designed the structure. The building was
dedicated on August 11, 1940.
Many businesses have been located on the first floor of the Junior Order
Building since 1940. The current tenant is the Ludlow Family Pharmacy.