On September 4, 1906, articles of incorporation were filed in Kenton
County to establish the Ideal Cement and Brick Company. The incorporators
were: William S. Ludlow, Lena Coursey, and Jerome J. Weaver. A second
incorporation was completed in 1912 under the name: Ideal Supply Company.
The 1912 incorporators were: Jerome J. Weaver, Joel ward, William S.
Ludlow, Ullie J. Howard, and Harvey Meyers.
Property was acquired along Adela Street. This part of the city had
large deposits of gravel buried beneath the surface. Seven feet of surface
soil on the property was removed (much of it was used to construct a
fill at Rice Creek in Erlanger by the Southern Railroad). The gravel
was then removed and sold to builders in the region and the Southern
Over the years, the gravel portion of the business declined. Today,
the operation focuses on the production of cement. The facilities also
house a large hardware store. The Gaiser family has owned the business
for many years.
Kentucky Post, September 5, 1906, December 12, 1912, p. 6, February
22, 1913, p.3.