Home Savings Bank began in 1880 with the name Home Building Association. Its first location was in the home of the Downey family at the foot
of Locust Street. For many years, the association operated out of the
First National Bank headquarters on Elm Street.
In 1959, a building at 216 Elm Street was purchased. The building's
façade was covered with green tiles and a safe was installed.
The institution remained in this location until the construction of
their current building at the northwest corner of Elm and Carneal Streets.
More recently, the institution changed its name to Home Savings Bank. News Enterprise, September 17, 1959, p. 1.