The News Enterprise was a weekly newspaper published in Ludlow. The
paper originally began as the Ludlow News in 1936 (first issue on December
11, 1936). Gus Sheehan of West Covington was the paper's editor for
decades. The publication was declared the official newspaper of the
city by council on March 2, 1939.
On August 8, 1940, the publisher of the Ludlow News began publishing
the Dixie Enterprise. This publication catered to the residents of South
Fort Mitchell, Erlanger, Elsmere and Florence. After only five editions,
the Dixie Enterprise was merged with the Ludlow News to form the News
Enterprise. Originally, the News Enterprise covered Ludlow and the area
covered by the Dixie Enterprise. With the December 13, 1940 issue of
the News Enterprise, the areas of South Fort Mitchell, Erlanger, Elsmere
and Florence were dropped from the coverage area.
Sheehan published the News Enterprise until 1988, when the paper was
sold to Gene Clabes of Steppingstone Publications. The first issue to
be published under the new ownership was on June 22, 1988. Distribution
of the News Enterprise was expanded to include Fort Mitchell, Lakeside
Park, Crestview Hills and Fort Wright at this time.
In 1991, Clabes and Steppingstone Publications purchased the Recorder
Newspapers owned by Gleaner Journal Publishing Company. That year, the
News Enterprise ceased to be published.
News Enterprise, December 7, 1961, p. 1, June 22, 1988, p. 1 and January
9, 1991, p.