The Forest Hill Building Association can be traced back to at least
1874. At that time the officers included: Charles T. Martin, president;
William Buchanan, vice president; George W. Clark, treasurer; W.A. Browne,
financial secretary; J.J. Reynolds, corresponding secretary; and James
Nixon, J.P.A. Grant, James Chamberlain, Andrew Dunn, Peter McEvoy, G.
Mosher, John Hawley, Bernard Grady and W. Leslie as directors.
The Forest Hill Building Association primarily acted as a lending institution
for new homebuilders and buyers. In 1875, the association held mortgages
amounting to $17,000. To be a member, one had to pay monthly dues.
In 1882, the Forest Hill Building Association No. 2 was incorporated
by the Commonwealth of Kentucky. The incorporators were: Michael Lally,
Martin Curry, Otto Heller, George Goodwin, James Clark, Andrew Dunn
and Joseph Birsinger. The goal of the association was "To give
its members an opportunity to make safe investments of their weekly
savings and acquire homes for their families. The first meeting of the
association was held on March 6, 1882.
The association later evolved into the Forest Hill Federal Savings and
Loan Association. Finally, in 1975, it merged with the First Federal
Savings and Loan Association of Covington. The last president of Forest
Hill was Elwood F. Turner.
News Enterprise, January 2, 1975, p. 1; Daily Commonwealth, October
28, 1882, p. 2; Ludlow Reporter, August 8, 1874, p. 4 and April 3, 1875,