Bromley's war memorial was dedicated on November 3, 1946 at the northeast
corner of Pleasant and Shelby Streets. The site was donated by Mr. And
Mrs. George H. Hackstadt. Dedication services included a keynote speech
by Kenton County Attorney James E. Quill. Robert Flanigan received the
honor of unveiling the memorial and Dorothy Traylor gave a dedicatory
original Bromley memorial listed the names of the 119 Bromley residents
who fought in the Second World War. Funding for the project was raised
by the Traylor Social Defense Club, a group of citizens who met at Traylors
Café during the war.
Bromley residents who served in the Korean Conflict and the Vietnam
War were subsequently added to the memorial. The war memorial has been
the focus of Memorial Day Services in Bromley since 1946.