The Bromley Veterans of World War II were established September 1946.
The organizational meeting of the group was held on September 13, 1936
at Traylor's Café. The first president of the organization was
A membership drive was conducted in 1947. At that time, Bromley was
home to 150 former servicemen and women. The drive resulted in an initial
membership of 125. Officers in 1947 included: Ralph Vonderschmidt (president),
Norman Witikamp (vice president), and James Ward (secretary).
Eventually, the organization found a home at the northeast corner of
Pike and Harris Streets. This hall was used by the veterans for many
years. At one time, this building housed the Three Wheel Inn and now
houses a small business.
Kentucky Post, September 5, 1946, p. 1 and October 1, 1946, p. 1;
Kentucky Times-Star, February 21, 1947.