The Kenton County Public Library has several special services for educators (infant through grade 12) to support and extend classroom activities.
The Library offers the following services and resources for educators:
- Educator Cards
- An Educator card is available to all educators who teach in Kenton County, including home school and preschool. A 7-day grace period on fines will apply to any item returned beyond the due date. Automatic renewal of materials (up to a maximum of 5 times).
- Educator Collections
- Do you need books for your next assignment? The Library can create a collection for you. Select up to 10 specific titles or just tell us the subject and we can create the collection for you with up to 30 items.
- School Visits
- Librarians are available to visit schools and classrooms for curriculum support, storytimes, book discussions, explanation of library resources or question and answer sessions. Please schedule visits at least two weeks in advance.
- Library Tours and Student Library Cards
- During your visit we can also provide library cards for your students. Please request Library card applications before the tour. If the applications are returned to the library no less than one week prior to the class visit, student library cards will be ready when the class comes to the library.
- Database Training
- A librarian can visit your classroom or teacher meeting to discuss and demonstrate any of our databases or ebook platforms.
- Curriculum, Illustrator & Discovery Packs
To learn about the above services and educator card benefits download our Educator Services flyer.
Request a K-6 Collection for pick up at Erlanger – Covington – William E. Durr
Request a 7-12 Collection for pick up at Erlanger – Covington – William E. Durr
All children are born learners. We hope that you and your children become life-long learners at the Library.
Tips for Reading with Your Child: