Kenton County Library Volunteer Program Mission
The Volunteer Program seeks to provide opportunities for volunteers to make meaningful contributions to the operations of the library, help to expand and enhance library services, strengthen ties to the community and build public awareness of the diverse services provided by Kenton County Public Libraries.
Why do people volunteer at the Kenton County Public Library?
- They love KCPL and want to contribute their time & talents
- They enjoy the satisfaction of helping others
- They want to enhance their job skills or build their resume
- They have benefited from the services KCPL offers and want to give back
- They want to meet new people
- They want to give back to their community
Volunteers are a valuable resource to the Library and have the right to be treated with respect and fairness, to be given meaningful assignments, to be treated as co-workers and to be recognized for their work. In return, volunteers agree to perform their duties to the best of their abilities and to remain loyal to the mission, values, goals and policies of the Library.
How do I become a volunteer?
To become a volunteer you will need to complete the following steps:
- Complete and submit the online volunteer application
- Complete a brief in-person interview with the Volunteer Coordinator
- Receive the Volunteer Handbook and complete required forms including background check
- Request, be selected for, and then placed into a particular volunteer position(s)
- Receive an orientation and job training relative to your assigned position(s)
Please complete the online volunteer application. (We no longer use paper applications)
Erlanger Location Volunteer Application
William E. Durr Location Volunteer Application
Covington Location Volunteer Application
If you are under 18 years of age, please print and complete a copy of the Parental Consent Form.
What types of volunteer positions are available at KCPL?
Below are some of the Volunteer positions that may be available. Not all positions are currently available at all branches. We aim to find the volunteer position that is most suited to you. Volunteer placement will take into account the volunteer’s skills, background, interests, experience, education and availability.
You may also want to learn about our Friends of the Library group.